Who is running for President in 2024 -As of today, December 9, 2023, several candidates have announced their intention to run for president in the 2024 United States presidential election. Here are some of the most prominent candidates:
Who is running for President in 2024 United States
- President Joe Biden: Incumbent president Biden has yet to officially announce whether he will seek re-election, but he has indicated that he is likely to do so. His campaign pitch focuses on protecting abortion rights, voting rights, and Social Security.
- Cenk Uygur: Founder of the liberal news outlet The Young Turks, Uygur is challenging Biden for the Democratic nomination.
- Marianne Williamson: Author and spiritual activist Williamson is running for president for the second time. She emphasizes a message of love and unity.
- Dean Phillips: A Democratic congressman from Minnesota, Phillips is also running for president. He is a moderate Democrat who focuses on issues such as economic inequality and climate change.
- Cornel West: A prominent progressive activist and scholar, West is running as an independent candidate.
- Donald Trump: Former President Trump announced his third campaign for the White House in November 2023. He continues to promote his America First agenda and remains popular among many Republican voters.
- Ron DeSantis: The Florida governor is considered to be Trump’s main challenger for the Republican nomination. He has gained national attention for his conservative policies and his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nikki Haley: Former United Nations ambassador and South Carolina governor Haley was the first major GOP challenger to Trump. She is a foreign policy expert and a rising star in the Republican Party.
- Vivek Ramaswamy: A wealthy biotech entrepreneur, Ramaswamy has launched a campaign focused on restoring America’s “national identity.” He is considered to be further to the right than Trump on many issues.
- Chris Christie: Former New Jersey governor Christie is another potential contender for the Republican nomination. He is a moderate Republican with a reputation for being a straight-talker.
- Asa Hutchinson: Former Arkansas governor Hutchinson is also considering a run for president. He is a moderate Republican who is critical of Trump.
- Ryan Binkley: A Republican businessman, Binkley has launched a long-shot presidential bid.
- Jill Stein: Former Green Party presidential nominee Stein is running for president again in 2024.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the candidates who may run for president in 2024. It is possible that other candidates will enter the race in the coming months. The field of candidates could also change significantly depending on the outcome of the 2023 midterm elections.
Here are some resources where you can learn more about the 2024 presidential candidates: