How to uninstall Apps on Mac – Simply drag the software from the Applications folder to the Trash on a Mac to uninstall it. After that, remove the program permanently by emptying the Trash. A third-party uninstaller program may be required for some apps, or you may need to manually look for and delete any extra files or folders that need to be eliminated.
RELATED: How to recall an email in Outlook
To uninstall apps on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Finder and navigate to the Applications folder.
- Find the app you want to uninstall and drag it to the Trash icon on your Dock. Alternatively, you can right-click on the app and select “Move to Trash.”
- Once you’ve moved the app to the Trash, click and hold on the Trash icon on your Dock.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Empty Trash.”
- If prompted, enter your administrator password to confirm the deletion.
Keep in mind that some apps can be accompanied by other files or directories that will need to be uninstalled as well. Use a third-party uninstaller tool or follow these steps if you wish to entirely remove an app and its related files: